For over 25 years, CEED has connected entrepreneurs with the resources required to help fund their ventures. CEED’s Startup & Expansion Loans lay the groundwork for you to take the next step with your idea or enterprise.
These loans are for small and medium-sized businesses run by entrepreneurs of all ages. Recipients get support to develop their business knowledge and skills in marketing, accounting, human resources and business planning.
- Businesses registered within the Halifax, Dartmouth and Bedford boundaries are eligible to apply
- Loans range from $5,000 to $25,000 and include:
- Low interest rate of prime + 2%
- Low principal repayments
- No penalty for early repayment
- No interest for 6 months on $5,000 loans
- Up to $60,000 of additional funding is available through CEED’s community partners
- Our experienced CEED loan advisor can help you:
- Explore options to help finance your business
- Provide guidance and templates for your business plan and financial projections
- Provide information on business resources
- Connect you with business skills development opportunities
How to apply:
Where to start?
Lindsay MacPhee – The Floatation Centre
“If someone is thinking of starting their own business, I would tell them to go to CEED. They have a wealth of information to pass on, free courses, and it was an incredible experience.”
Connie Mcinnes – Rio & Rogue Studios
“I was young, I didn’t have resources. The loan was critical for my business. It was seamless… I was able to create beyond what I thought I was going to create.”