March Break & Summer Juniorpreneur Camp
This five-day camp is designed for youth ages 8 through 14 who will develop new skills and hone existing ones as they learn what it takes to be an Entrepreneur!
Over the week campers engage in activities involving teamwork, innovation, critical-thinking, risk-taking and leadership, as they work towards running their own business for half a day. They are provided with the opportunity to earn revenue, calculate costs and enjoy the rewards of their hard work by retaining their profits.
Entrepreneurial guest speakers throughout the week, engage the youth with words of inspiration and motivation and a visits to local businesses allows the campers to see first hand what is involved in being your own boss!
The week ends with a pitching competition as they present to local Entrepreneurs and receive certificates and awards.
Parents, other family members and friends are invited to be patrons of the creative businesses created as well as attend the, not to be missed, closing event on Friday afternoon. See youth shine as they celebrate their accomplishments.
Badges earned throughout the week:
2020 Juniorpreneur Camp and COVID-19
We are currently monitoring restrictions in place by the province due to COVID-19. The safety and health of our clients, stakeholders and staff are our number one priority and as such, a handful of changes have been made to our 2020 Juniorpreneur Camps.
- Kentville Juniorpreneur Camp scheduled for July 6-10 has been rescheduled to August 17-21.
- Halifax Juniorpreneur Camp scheduled for July 13-17 has been rescheduled to August 10-14.
- Halifax Juniorpreneur Camp scheduled for August 24-28 will continue as planned.
To minimize external contact to our campers, we have made the following changes to our camp curriculum.
- Monday: Participants will be forming teams and conducting brainstorming activities to develop their business idea.
- Tuesday: Youth will learn about the various tools their businesses can use to sell and promote their product and services online. Participants will be filling out mock social media pages and learning how to write captions on how to promote their business effectively. We will also be teaching participants about Canva and placing the business promotions created on our website.
- Wednesday: This year we will be promoting and selling items online for pick up on the Friday of camp. This will allow for there to be limited interaction with participants. On Wednesday participants will finalize their business ideas for sale on the CEED Website. CEED will be promoting their business online (social media platforms and website) until the close of sales on Thursday.
- Thursday: Participants will focus on promoting their products and setting up their table for Delivery Pick up on Friday. Instead of a field trip, we will be having various outside games and activities for the campers on Thursday.
- Friday: Participants will finish setting up their display table for order pickups. We will also be having our Celebration Pizza Party Lunch. Participants will be pitching their businesses to dignitaries and members of the business community who will adjudicate the competition. The pitching ceremony will take place via zoom to limit the interaction between Judges, Participants, and Parents.
Registration For Summer 2020 Juniorpreneur Camp (Ages 8-14)
All camps are $180 for the week, including snacks and Friday’s lunch.
- Halifax – August 10-14 (formerly July 13-17)
- Kentville – August 17-21 (formerly July 6-10)
- Halifax – August 24-28 (unchanged)
Additional registrations for our Juniorpreneur Camps have been put on hold while we continue updating our camp procedures to be in compliance with restrictions set by the Province. If you have any questions about Juniorpreneur Camp, registration or COVID-19 Camp updates, please contact us at email@example.com.
2019 Summer Camp Highlights
Our 2019 Summer Juniorpreneur Camps impressed everyone from the communities CEED visited, to CEED’s camp facilitators themselves! CEED travelled across the province delivering 6 camps to the youth of Kentville, Halifax, Yarmouth, New Glasgow and Truro. Check out our Highlight videos from each camp below!
Kentville, July 8-12
Halifax, July 15-19
Yarmouth, July 22-26
New Glasgow, July 29-August 2
Truro, August 12-16
Halifax, August 19-23
2019 March Break Camp Highlights
March Break 2019 Juniorpreneur Camp set the record for CEED’s biggest Juniorpreneur Camp yet! Youth had the chance to speak with many local entrepreneurs, and learn from them to develop their own successful businesses for a day. Check out our week Highlight video below!
Halifax, March 18-22