You’ve worked hard to build and run your business… now what? You’ve put blood, sweat and courage into your business, what can you expect when it’s time to get out? When do you start planning?
This workshop helps you understand assets versus shares, the different ways to exit a business, and to see your business from the eyes of a potential buyer. We will help you determine your roadmap to exit, whether or not your business would be suitable to sell.
This workshop is for you if you:
· Are a business owner or you advise business owners
· Work in a business that you think you may wish to buy
· Want to learn about the process of selling a business
· Want to increase your chances of being able to sell your business in the future
· Need help understanding EBITDA, SDE, normalizing financial statements, as well as perspectives on cash-flow
and your personal income
· Want to know more about methods of valuing businesses
· Need understanding of rates of return in the context of private companies
· Want to be aware of common business selling scams
Workshop delivered by David Barnett, BBA, BFC, CMEA