- This event has passed.
Above The Median Pilot Session 2 of 6 – Delivered in Upper Tantallon
October 30 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Are you an aspiring or existing entrepreneur over the age of 55?
CEED’s Above the Median Pilot Program will help you discover the key to success and the relationship between your value proposition and your customers.
Using an interactive cohort model and a flipped classroom approach, our certified facilitators will guide you through Lean Launch Pad methodologies among other resources, to identify whether you’re really connected to your customers.
This program is a series of six half-day workshops delivered over six consecutive weeks beginning October 23, 2019 and concluding November 27, 2019. Sessions will take place at the St. Margret’s Bay Community Enterprise Centre, 5229 St. Margret’s Bay Road, Upper Tantallon, NS.
This program is fully funded by the NS Department of Seniors.
- Session 1 of 6 – Wednesday October 23, 2019 (9am – 12pm)
- Self-assess your entrepreneurial interest and skills
- Outline your business model
- Session 2 of 6 – Wednesday October 30, 2019 (9am – 12pm)
- Identify your personal priorities as an entrepreneur
- Analyze your market environment
- *Special Additional Session – Wednesday October 30, 2019 (1pm – 3pm)
- Conduct your market industry research
Supported by Paul Gerin, Canada Business Network and a Library Resource Specialist
Held at Tantallon Public Library.
- Session 3 of 6 – Wednesday November 6, 2019 (9am – 12pm)
- Align your professional goals
- Formulate your pricing structure
- Session 4 of 6 – Wednesday November 13, 2019 (9am – 12pm)
- Create your long term business vision
- Test your “product–solution fit”
- Session 5 of 6 – Wednesday November 20, 2019 (9am – 12pm)
- Construct your minimal viable product
- Prove your “product–solution fit”
- Session 6 of 6 – Wednesday November 27, 2019 (9am – 12pm)
- Generate your financial model
- Proceed, pivot or pack it in
The program is limited to 10 participants.
Application deadline October 16, 2019.
Applicants must be available for a 15 minute telephone interview on Thursday October 17 or Friday October 18.
Delivered by Paul McGinn, Senior Manager Small Business & Entrepreneurship Development, CEED, in partnership with Nova Scotia Department of Seniors, BoomersPlus &
St. Margaret’s Bay Community Enterprise Centre.
St. Margaret’s Bay Community Enterprise Centre
5229 St. Margaret’s Bay Road
Upper Tantallon, Nova Scotia B3Z 4R5