SUPPORT PROGRAMS AVAILABLE FOR BUSINESS
Government of Canada toll-free information line 1-833-784-4397
Nova Scotia Website – latest updates
NS Government Business Navigators
Our Business Navigators are available to help you with any questions you may have. Find out more about the service at https://novascotia.ca/regulatoryopportunity/business-navigators.asp
Landlords are encouraged to DEFER lease payments for commercial tenants whose revenue has been negatively impacted by COVID 19 for three months. Two Rent Deferral Agreement forms have been developed to support this.
Financial Supports Summary
The provincial government has announced several initiatives to address cash flow and access to credit for small and medium sized businesses in Nova Scotia:
- Payment deferrals until June 30 on all government loans, including those under the Farm Loan Board, Fisheries and Aquaculture Loan Board, Jobs Fund, Nova Scotia Business Fund, Municipal Finance Corp. and Housing Nova Scotia.
- Fees, including business renewal fees and workers compensation premiums, will be deferred. A list of applicable fees will be posted online early next week.
- Changes to the Small Business Loan Guarantee Program, administered through 15 provincial Credit Unions, include deferring principal and interest payments until June 30. Other changes to this program will be announced soon.
- Changes to the Small Business Loan Guarantee Program, administered through 15 provincial Credit Unions, include deferring principal and interest payments until June 30 and enhancing the program to make it easier for businesses to access credit up to $500,000. For new loans, the first $100,000 will be fully guaranteed by the province. Other changes to this program will be announced soon.
CEED Loans Program – We Can Help!
With a simple application process and flexible repayment options, CEED Impact loans give you the freedom to make your business into what you want, the way you want. More adventurous than a traditional bank loan, CEED Impact loans can work with varied credit histories or unusual business ideas. A CEED Impact Loan is more than just a cheque, it’s also a lifeline, where you’ll find on-going business support and advice throughout your entrepreneurial journey. Contact us today – email@example.com
Businesses registered within the Halifax, Dartmouth and Bedford boundaries are eligible to apply.
- Loans Available From $5,000 to $25,000
- Low Interest Rate of Prime + 2%
- Low Principal Payments
- No Penalty for Early Repayment
- All $5,000 Loans are Interest Free for 6 Months
- Up to $60,000 of Additional Funding Available Through CEED’s Community Partners