Blast Off... into business
Are you looking to start a business the right way?
BLAST Off is a 3-day workshop which guides you through the business development process. At the end of the workshop, you will have a good understanding of business plan components, knowledge of online and community resources to support you, and the skills to create a dynamic business plan. This workshop is geared towards aspiring entrepreneurs, many of whom are enrolled in CEED’s Self-Employment Benefits (SEB) program.
This workshop will:
• Build your knowledge and understanding of business plan components
• Provide research tools and resources so that you can begin your marketing plan
• Provide information on choosing a business structure
• Introduce you to government regulations that will affect your business, including tax and labour standards
• Introduce financial projections, obligations and resources to integrate into your business plan
• Allow time for Q&A specific to your business situation
BLAST Off... into business takes place from 9:00 am - 4:30 pm October 2nd, 3rd, and 4th.
***Storm/weather cancellations are announced on CEED's Facebook and Twitter a minimum of 4 hours before our workshop start time.
Driving Business Home - to your homepage that is!
You have invested a lot of time and money in getting your website and social media aligned with your business. Now what?
In this workshop, we will be exploring the opportunities to make your website more visible and to think outside the box to generate exposure for your business.
Topics covered include:
• Your website is not your business
• Market yourself using ALL of the tools available
• Messaging, it is the key
• Speaking to your audience
• Bringing the communications model full circle
• Aligning exposure with your business model
• Critical (creative) thinking and your marketing (it is the difference)
This 2-hour information session walks aspiring entrepreneurs through the basic how-tos and next steps to opening a business. You will walk away with the tools and resources you need to make your business idea a reality.
This workshop will:
- Introduce you to easy-to-use templates for business planning and financial forecasting.
- Share sources of small business financing.
- Provide information about local resources and services for entrepreneurs.
The Self-Employment Benefits (SEB) Program is a training program for individuals that are unemployed and receiving Employment Insurance or have received Employment Insurance in the past 3 years (5 years for a parental leave).
If you are interested in participating in the SEB Program, please refer to the Information Centre on our website to learn more about SEB and its application process.
Please Note: Only individuals who have visited a career resource centre and obtained a referral from a case manager there can attend the SEB Orientation.
If you operate a small business, it is important to protect yourself and your family. Personal insurance is not an option; it is a must.
As an entrepreneur, you create your own safety nets. Attend this Q & A style information session to learn how to financially insure yourself and your business against loss of income due to unforeseen circumstances like injury or illness. Learn how you can best benefit from the protection of personal insurance and how it affects small business. This workshop is the first step in making the right decisions regarding personal insurance.